Friday, January 16, 2015

Rite of Spring - Pt 1

The weather has warmed up a bit and the sun is shining brightly.  Based on this wonderful little development, I thought it would be a great opportunity to introduce you to Pantone's colors for spring.  You can expect to see this colors showing up in the stores shortly.

First up is a color I have discussed in a previous post (Red Red Wine).  Pantone's color of the year Marsala.  A wonderful brownish red that compliments almost every complexion, be sure to pick up some pieces in this color to be on trend this spring.


Next up is Glacier Gray.  I'm excited about this one because I adore gray.  This color seems to be prominent in the men's collections, but I feel it's a wonderful neutral and alternative to black for spring.

Custard is next on the list for spring colors.  This is a color that I feel is particularly difficult to pull off, so perhaps try it in your accessories instead of your basics.


Tangerine is another color for spring that I feel is difficult to pull off.  All of you beautiful tanned ladies with warm undertones can totally jump on this color's bandwagon though.  For us fairer complected ladies, again I vote accessories.


The next color is Strawberry Ice, Pantone has their suggested pairings, but I would like to suggest pairing with Marsala for a twist on monochromatic dressing.


Next in line is Toasted Almond.  This is another color that is a great neutral.  I'm not particularly fond of brown tones, but I can see this looking lovely paired with some of the other colors listed in this post.


Classic Blue is another color that I am excited about.  This is one of those colors that just seems to look great on everyone and really makes an outfit pop.  If you don't already have something in this shade in your closet, I highly recommend buying a piece or two (or more).


Lucite Green is a beautiful way to bring some spring greenery to your wardrobe.  It's an airy color that works well with most complexions thanks to that hint of blue in it.


Scuba Blue is a quintessential spring color.  It reminds me of the beach and makes me long for a vacation complete with tropical drinks (and maybe a cute cabana boy or two....I know I'm greedy).


Aquamarine is another of those colors that suits just about everyone.  I would suggest using this color in measured doses unless you want to look like you're trying to channel your inner Elsa.


I hope I have inspired you to think about what you might want to start adding to your wardrobe for spring.  Just remember that unless you love the way you look in a color, don't invest too heavily in it.  Accessories, camisoles, etc are inexpensive ways to update your wardrobe with the spring trends without breaking the bank.

Stayed tuned for Part 2 in this series where I bring you the hot colors for menswear.

Post Title inspired by Rite of Spring from Angles & Airwaves

No comments:

Post a Comment