Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Lunatic Fringe

After feeling ill this last week, I think I've finally found a little balance.  So without further delay, let's get this baby started.

I know spring is right around the corner and that I should really be showing off what you should be buying next, but I couldn't help but show some more of the items I found in the Fall/Winter collection.  I have always had a fascination with the flapper dresses of the 20s.  There is just something about the freedom and liberation that those designs held for the women of that era.  I wanted to show you guys a few modern takes on those classic looks.

The following from the Diesel Black Gold collection just sparkles.  It might just be me, but I think of a black disco ball.  Can we say club dress?
Photo by Kim Weston Arnold

The following from Roberto Cavalli just sings to e.  I want this skirt so much, perhaps a diy on the horizon.  Paired with an almost military inspired jacket.  I could see sporting this in the office and then out for drinks.
Photo by Marcus Tondo

The next design from Roberto Cavalli seems to have the large fringe cuts with a print which I feel gives a very modern feel to the look.  Pair it with the red fir and it's just on fire.
Photo by Marcus Tondo
 This last look from the Salvatore Ferragamo collection is one of those looks that really works on a runway (or the long corridor at work).  The flow and movement of the fringe and the nearly sheer layer underneath would make any woman want to turn on that strut.  I also agree that it looks amazing paired with knee boots.
Photo by Yannis Vlamos
Is anyone else inspired to add a little (or big) fringe to their wardrobe?

Today's post title inspired by the song Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider

No comments:

Post a Comment