Monday, January 5, 2015

Red Red Wine


Happy New Year Friends!  I thought I would dedicate the first post of the year to Pantone's color of the year: Marsala.

Marsala is a beautiful rich warm color much like the wine it is named for. A beautiful red with brown undertones, this color should flatter just about all skin tones.


There are many ways to incorporate Marsala into your wardrobe and you may find many foundation pieces in this color as the spring fashions start arriving in the stores.

For those who know me, you know that I love boots and leather jackets.  In honor of my fashion faves, I have found some lovely examples that I would like to share that you could use to incorporate this color into your wardrobe for a slightly more sophisticated touch to that edgy vibe.

The boots below would be perfect with your skinnies or even a dress.  I love the little studded detail alongside the back zipper.
Wanted Highnoon boots, $89.99 - Zappos
Here is a moto jacket that you could get.  A little sophisticated coloring to your tough girl wardrobe.
Jacket $79 - Maurices
Another cute little jacket, although this one has an even friendlier price tag. Watch out for the boxy cut on this one, it may hit some people in a wider part of the anatomy cutting off your torso.

Jacket $39.80 - Forever 21+
Here is another cute little boot I found that could be used to add Marsala to your wardrobe.  I love a short biker boot with dresses in the spring and summer.
Sketcher $29.50 - $69.88 - Amazon.com
Today's Post Title Inspired by the song Red Red Wine by UB40

No comments:

Post a Comment